Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Feast or Famine

Since the beginning of the year I have felt overwhelmed as if the Holidays never stopped. It has been busy in one way or another. I keep saying it has been either feast or famine and what was the Lord thinking? Didn't He say "All things in moderation"? Well, we all know that I do nothing in moderation and wouldn't even recognize it.
Yesterday after taking our new perfect pooch to his free vet visit (they give you a coupon when you adopt- super cool huh?) I was thinking how well this fit into my theory. In the last month of broken daddy, multiple MULTIPLE colds, and more than three weeks of someone throwing up, then surgery, -it just figured that the only one healthy, at that moment, in the whole family was our new dog!
Then, as with most things, I realized I needed an attitude adjustment. shocker.
I started thinking of the Feast of blessings that have been poured down on us.
Our family, our ward, and our neighbors have been amazing.
We have seen service and generosity that is, well...Christlike.
The calls, meals, time, taxi service, babysitting, dog gifts, awesome ice-pack, appliance repair-replace-delivery service, and even the understanding of others as I "drop the ball" for a while.
At one point I told my mother-in-law that after this was over we would have to check and see what lesson was to be learned from all of it.
Last week Alec learned to replace and aim my headlights and a new outdoor light, both boys learned to uninstall and reinstall a washer/dryer. They have become my handymen.
I have learned how amazing YOU all are! I have also learned how great my kids are. As hard as it has been,
it has sure been a FEAST of blessings!

0 comments: